- 1 lb. marinated skirt steak (see marinade recipe below)
- 4 blanched asparagus
- 4 to 5 OKA Raclette slices
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 4 skewers
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon regular or smoked paprika
Who says you can't treat yourself to a good raclette dinner every day? There's no need to wait for your next family party to enjoy this recipe for skirt steak stuffed with OKA Raclette cheese. It's a delight that should be enjoyed slowly and guilt-free any time of the year.
- Marinate meat at least 4 hours but no more than 48 hours
- Slice meat against the grain in portions of about 100 g. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Flatten meat with a tenderizer or a skillet.
- Place on each piece of meat: 1 OKA slice, 1 to 2 asparagus cut in 2 or 3 pieces and roll stuffed meat.
- Use skewer to hold together.
- BBQ or cook in a skillet about 7 or 8 minutes (you’ll know when it’s done when you see the cheese starting to melt). When cooking is almost done, baste meat with balsamic vinegar and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes.